Saturday, July 19, 2008

Update

I haven't written in a long time I guess.
But I am always very grateful for your comments.
They mean a lot.

I have been visiting my aunt.
She is an amazing person, an amazing listener.
It felt so good to tell, and tell, and tell her my stories.
To feel known.

I went to the ocean one day with her to meet with God.
I prayed and prayed, and sang and sang.
And then a stillness.

As I walked along the beach, I looked down, and there in the sand was a bracelet.
A brown bracelet with wooden beads.
Aunt said it was like God had given it to me.

I slipped on the bracelet and also picked up a little square rock, an igneous rock, and put it in my pocket.
Before my time with Aunt was over, we visited a labrinth, a labrinth where people leave their prayers and special things for God. I wrote a prayer on my rock and left it there for Him.

He gave me a bracelet.
I gave Him a rock.
Although like all gifts we try to give Him, it was really His in the first place.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear from you.

what a lovely aunt.

Ted M. Gossard said...

Nice time with a sweet anut.

Those kinds of times in seeking God have proved to be special for me, as well. Even around here, when I make some little, but honest effort, something unusual or unpredictable can happen, even if only in my spirit.

Thinkin Kristian said...

Your last line is so true. So good to read it, it lines thing up for me!

preacherman said...

Wonderful post.
Thank you for sharing with us all.
I hope you have a great weekend.

Letters to Bountiful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
preacherman said...

You are still in my thoughts and prayers daily. I know God has great plans for your life. Keep trusting Him. I hope you have a wonderful week!